Monday 18 January 2010

Bang Olufsen Beotime, quite possibly the most beautiful bedside clock ever made.



Just acquired one of these amazing wake up clocks, and I wanted to say a few words about it.

For anyone who doesn't know, the Beotime is a wake up clock from Bang Olufsen which allows you to control bang and Olufsen equipment in addition to having an alarm sounder of its own.  Please visit this link if you need more detailed information.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beotime

One interesting thing I would like to discuss here is practicality of using it. Before getting one of these I thought for quite some time about the logistics of being able to see the time at night, as it only lights up when its been touched, this was particularly a consideration for me as previously I always used a bedside clock that projects a clock onto the ceiling.  I have accidentally found a solution to this problem.  When fixing it in my bedroom I decided to attach it to the side of my bed, I then discovered that the touch sensor is in fact VERY sensitive, and when fixed to the bed, any vibration sets it off, therefore, when you turn over to look at it it lights up, perfect operation, and being so close within reach on the other side, the lightest touch will activate, problem solved.

May post a picture of it on my bedside, in the meantime, did I mention I love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment