Monday 26 April 2010

Bang Olufsen Discontinue several ranges, heres some items I think they should NOT discontinue.


As we all know Bang and Olufsen have discontinued a large number of their products, and plan to discontinue many more, as we also all know this is because of poor performance in the phone and mp3 range sales, twinned with the moving on of technology forced that these ranges be ended. In a recent post I wrote how I wholeheartedly support this decision. I have heard that BO have proposed to end many more of these smaller accessories, here is a list of the items that I believe Bang Olufsen should NOT discontinue




Bang & Olufsen Earset 2 Bluetooth Headset - Apparently certain consumers find the price of this too high at £165, I think thats nonsense. I have used the Jabra, Sennheiser wireless, and even tried the newly released B&W noise cancelling headset with built in microphone, for single ear bluetooth excellence and ease of use this should NOT be discontinued, in fact I dont even think it needs updating, just keep it in range.


Bang & Olufsen Beo 4 Remote Control - Ever since the Beo 5 remote was released I have been fearing this would be discontinued, the beo 5 is a ugly pointless montrosity, as soon as I found out that it can ONLY support Bang Olufsen products in my mind it was rendered obsolete, the Beo 4 does a perfect job of operating Bang Olufsen only products, and with a little tweaking of the controls, maybe label them slightly differently, this elegant pleasantly heavy Remote could be brought bang up to date. I think they should do this rather than discontinuing this and making the Beo 5, which essentially is a Universal Remote that lack the functionality of one, the main remote for their products.



Bang & Olufsen Beocom 6000 - Ok I don't know how true or untrue this rumour is, but I heard from a Bang Olufsen staff member that the classic Beocom 6000 was due to be discontinued, I have very little to say about this, other than to say DON'T. If this is true it would be a terrible error of judgment on BO's part. yes it could do with some updating, mabye a nice blue backlight for its retro screen, maybe a few other touches like a base fully encased in aluminum rather than just the front, however discontinuing it would be bad.

Bang & Olufsen Beosound 2 - Right, on two counts this choice is a little strange, firstly I am somewhat contradicting myself here, as in an earlier post I wrote that Bang Olufsen were right to discontinue the MP3 players, however to my credit I did espouse the quality of the Beosound 2, mentioning how it is unbeatable for quality. Additionally it is a little strange as it is rather a case of closing-the-door-after-the-horse-has-bolted, as it has already been discontinued. But I think Bang Olufsen is wrong. I think the design is outstanding, the audio quality (as I said) unbeatable, and the charger is also amazing. What is totally unaceptable, is the maximum 2gb capacity. I think what Bang olufsen should do - sorry should have done, is allow it to take up to 32gb capacity chips, and upgrade the software to incorporate the shuffle ability the ipod shuffle has, therefore creating a stunningly designed MP3 player for all audiophiles, and a ipod shuffle for the elite.

2 comments:

  1. Earset 2 is not getting connected with Iphone 10 (showing error as - Earset 2 in FWU mode
    How to connect same with Iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been informed by Virgin technician that my Beocom 6000 landline telephone cannot be converted to digital.

    ReplyDelete